Before starting with Informatica, we need to understand what are the important components of Informatica and how it works.
Informatica tool consists of following services & components
Repository Service – Responsible for maintaining Informatica metadata & providing access of same to other services.
- Integration Service – Responsible for the movement of data from sources to targets
- Reporting Service - Enables the generation of reports
- Nodes – Computing platform where the above services are executed
- Informatica Designer - Used for creation of mappings between source and target
- Workflow Manager – Used to create workflows and other task & their execution
- Workflow Monitor – Used to monitor the execution of workflows
- Repository Manager – Used to manage objects in repository